Dr. Carl E. Kuhlman is a licensed clinical psychologist with a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
He completed two years of postdoctoral training in relationship therapy at Dreikurs Relationship Institute in Boulder, Colorado, as well as specialized training in cognitive behavior therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprogramming (EMDR), hypnosis, and neurolinguistic programming (NLP).
Dr. Kuhlman has been in full-time, private practice for more than 30 years. His offices are in Denver and Englewood.
Dr. Kuhlman’s specializations include providing individual counseling for adults, relationship counseling for couples, and business-related consultation.
“Anxiety and fear are, thanks to you, not the dominating forces that drive my being any more . . . . You have given me such a strong foundation for the 4th quarter of my life that I feel quite qualified to play the game without directly relying on my coach . . . . I love the way you embrace life, and your spirit and wisdom . . . you will continue to be my inspiration.”
—C.P., anxious mother of 2, Atlanta, GA (phone therapy)
- Dr. Kuhlman spent ten years teaching Child Behavior Modification classes to parents throughout the United States.
- Dr. Kuhlman also taught Behavior Therapy for three years as a faculty member of the University of Denver Professional School of Psychology.
- For five years, Dr. Kuhlman provided clinical supervision for graduate students at the University of Denver School of Professional Psychology in individual psychotherapy.
- Dr. Kuhlman was the requested expert to evaluate and write comments on the article “Teaching Behavior Therapy to Physicians” for faculty members at the University of Colorado School of Psychiatry.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Kuhlman has been an acknowledged expert in clinical psychology by county courts in the Denver metro area (Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson Counties in Colorado), as well as Minneapolis (Hennepin County in Minnesota).
Continuing Education Learner
As a lifelong learner, Dr. Kuhlman has received continuing education credits for the following classes, seminars, and workshops offered in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., and Toronto:
- Treating Abuse in Marriage
- Treating Intimacy Issues in Couple Therapy
- Treating the Non-Sexual Marriage
- Advances in Cognitive Behavior Therapy with Couples Assessment Intervention
- Behavioral Couples Therapy for Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Obsessive Compulsive Diagnosis and Treatment
- Strategies for Treatment of Non-Responsiveness in Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Assault Victims
Mood Disorders (including AD/HD)
- School-Based Interventions for Children and Adolescents with Attention Disorder/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Treating Marital Depression
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Depression
- Family Therapy for Psychiatric Disorders
- Religious Beliefs in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Behavior Patterns and Cognitive Themes
- Ethics for the Practicing Behavior Therapist: Avoiding Conflicts and Pitfalls
- Ethical and Practical Dilemmas Confronted in Forensic Treatment
- Finding the Fit Between Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Family Therapy